Skip to content
Awards and Honors
- Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Engineering (CAE), 2022 – For being an individual who has made outstanding contributions to engineering in Canada and in view of distinguished achievements and career-long service in engineering.
- Recognized by the media giant Reuters in the “The Reuters Hot List” – A list of the world’s top climate scientists according to how influential they are (https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/climate-change-scientists-list/), April 20, 2021.
- 2020 APEGA Summit Award for Research Excellence is awarded to a member by the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) in recognition of conducting innovative research in engineering or geoscience that has been successfully applied to improve economic and social well-being, 2020.
- Fellow of Canadian Society of Bioengineering (CSBE), 2020 – For being a member of outstanding and extraordinary qualifications and experience in the field of agricultural, food, and/or biological engineering.
- NSERC/Cenovus/Alberta Innovates Associate Industrial Research Chair in Energy and Environmental Systems Engineering awarded by NSERC, 2012-present.
- Cenovus Energy Endowed Chair in Environmental Engineering awarded by Cenovus Energy Inc. and the University of Alberta, 2012-present.
- The 2011 Young Engineer of the Year in recognition of outstanding contributions to engineering applied to bioenergy and biofuel systems, awarded by the Canadian Society of Bioengineering (CSBE/SCGAB), 2011.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship - University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, 2004.
- The 2001 Geon Graduate Scholarship - University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada, 2001.
- The Yoshiro Takasaki Prize in recognition of the most outstanding academic and research performance among students in Energy Technology, Master of Engineering, August 2000, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand.
- Thai King’s Scholarship for Master of Engineering, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand, 1999-2000.